Active Smartnode Gain Pro X on Windows
If you want to activate a smartnode on Windows, you need to follow these steps:
1. Local Wallet Setup Windows
- Grab the latest Gain Pro X wallet
- Start wallet and let it finish syncing.
- Encrypt wallet (Settings > Encrypt Wallet)
- Create a new receiving address, give it a name like Smartnode1
- Backup wallet.dat (File > Backup Wallet). Store in multiple locations.
- Must have at least 900,000 GPRX (collateral amount)
2. Send funds to your wallet
- Send 900,000 GPRX to yourself in the address you created as Smartnode1
- Wait for confirmations (at least 3)
3. Get the transaction ID
4. In the wallet open >tools> debug console and run:
- walletpassprase 600
5. Build protx command for control wallet
protx quick_setup "TX-ID" "1" "PUBLIC-IP-ADDRESS:15168" "GPRX-ADDRESS-FEE"
protx quick_setup "7b191592d386438c0c9793af72d7438de7a9ed23ca9942c56852fbd481fd" "1" "192.168.125.97:15289" "Gbxise86f78aa8AFBkak0asf8vb"
Transaction ID: In your wallet go to "Transactions" right-click the one you sent
yourself earlier and "Copy Transaction ID". Replace the Transaction ID in the example;
Collateral index: Tools > Debug console. Type smart node outputs to check if 1
or 0. Adjust the example command if needed;
Your smart node server IP and port. Replace the example IP with your Smartnode
server IP, leave the port as is;
Fee address: This is any address in your wallet that contains enough GPRX to pay the fee (cannot be the address to which you sent the 900,000 GPRX). When you enter the protx quick_setup command it is a transaction and needs to be paid for. It is a very small amount of -0.00000479 GPRX. In Debug console do “listaddressbalances” to show all addresses with a balance, choose one, and replace the address in the example command.
6. You must port forward 15168
7. Enable smart nodes tab in your wallet under settings
8. Check https://explorer.gainprox.com and see if your smart node is online and green